Support Us

RLMC to offer limited COVID tests to Canadian residents

Rainy Lake Medical Center will begin offering a limited number of weekend COVID-19 tests to Canadians beginning Saturday, July 10.
Canadian individuals needing a rapid COVID test will be able to do so at RLMC’s testing site, 1580 Highway 71, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. A limited number of tests will be available each day.
“Rainy Lake Medical Center is happy to assist our Canadian neighbors with this service,” said Annie McCusker, RLMC Chief Nursing Officer. “We look forward to returning to co-mingling with our Canadian friends and family.”
The cost of the service is US$235, and is due at the time of the test.
Testing appointments are required and must be made 24 hours in advance. Please call 1-218-598-5158.

Canadian travel

According to the Canada Border Services Agency, all travelers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Canada. You don’t require a test to fly within Canada.
There are no exemptions to pre-entry testing for fully vaccinated travelers.
If you’re driving to land border crossing, you must take a test in the United States within 72 hours of your planned entry into Canada.

All travelers must:
• provide one of the accepted types of tests, not an antigen test
• keep proof of your test results for the 14-day period that begins on the day you enter Canada

Travelers must present an accepted test result (paper or electronic proof) which must include:
• Traveler name and date of birth
• Name and civic address of the laboratory/clinic/facility that administered the test
• The date on which the test was conducted
• The type of test conducted
• The test result

You must show proof of your test results even if you:
• have tested negative for COVID-19 previous to the 72-hour period
• have been vaccinated for COVID-19
• recovered from COVID-19 and no longer test positive
• recovered from COVID-19 and continue to test positive

At this time, travelers should have their test performed at a reputable laboratory or testing facility (i.e., one recognized by the local government or accredited by a third party, such as a professional organization or international standards organization).

Photo courtesy of

Comments are closed.